Hey everyone!
I realize that at our family reunion I was acting a bit odd and having some problems. It really wasn't anything you guys did, I am just at a very awkward stage of my life, the one where I am trying really hard to become an adult but I don't always understand what that entails. Anyway sorry about that. I do love you all and was glad to see you.
Moving on...tomorrow I will be at college going through this thing called Rock Camp which is a 3 and a half day camp with other incoming freshman or transfer students to get to know people better. Not everyone is going, it is something extra that we paid for. I hope it will be fun, but at the moment I wish I were staying in town so that I could spend another 5 days with my friends. None of my best friends are going to the same college as me and one of them is even transfering to Chicago this semester so it is hard for me.
I finished my shopping for college and I am in the process of packing up the last few things. I have definitely been in a weird state of mind recently, or really since I have been home. I want true independence yet at the same time I want to still be a part of my family's everyday life. Yet I know that can no longer happen. I have also come to the point in my life that I am beginning to have friends get married and have friends die. It is an odd realization, but the truth.
I am sorry for sounding dramatic. I was told recently that I psychoanalyze things too much, but that is the way I am. And yet it is not strange for someone my age to be thinking about all of these things.
I love and miss you all. Please drop me a line while I am at school. I will give an update soon about how move in goes and the start of classes.
Love,
Buggie
P.S. My new cell # is 501-960-1307
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great to see you post, Lauren... now let's see if the rest of the gang can figure out the code and get signed on. Baby, no need to apologize for being you... wish I could say life gets easier, and it will, just not for a while yet. Just be your own true self and know that you will be loved and respected for that. I do promise that a month from now, you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about and will have college life well in hand. New friends and all. Thanks for the cell number... I'll be calling!
Post a Comment