Saturday, March 10, 2007

We Go The Distance!

Lisa and I decided a few months ago that we would attempt a half-marathon (13.1 miles) . Our venue would be the Little Rock Marathon which is really growing. The added benefit is that McKenna would be able to do the Little Rockers Marathon which allowed for doing a marathon by adding up mileage over several months and then running the last mile shortly after the Little Rock Marathon. Here are some photos. We artistically touched them up some since we didn't buy the expensive ones so we had small images to deal with.

McKenna -












Lisa -


















Joe -




















Lisa won the day and you can read her race report here: Lisa's Half-Mary

I held my own until the half way point of the race but then an Achilles tendon problem that I've been having flared up and I jogged, walked and shuffled the last half. I'm going to the doctor this Friday to get it fixed. I'll also have him check my knee while I'm at it. I'm too old to have a noticeable limp!

McKenna faired well and now has credit for a whole marathon.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I am VERY impressed! I jog for 5 minutes on my treadmill and that's about it. What is that? 'Bout half a mile? I've been known to do a few sports shots, so let me know when the next race is and we'll come up and I'll bring the camera with me. :-)