Take one tree, one ladder, one branch being sawed off... which then swings down toward the guy on the ladder, who then jumps the three rungs down but lands crooked... and you get a badly sprained foot. I was in B'ham, Joel was at the lake by himself. Fortunately, he had his cell phone with him, called me and I called 911 for him. He was taken to the Northport Med Center, xrayed, wrapped and drugged. But the swelling seemed to get worse so this morning, packed for our excursion to Memphis and the show opening, we headed to the local doctor first. He was given a more comfortable boot arrangement, making walking much easier than the crutch method... but told to spend as much time with his foot higher than his heart as possible. So I called the gallery and explained why we wouldn't be there. The weather looks like it's going to be messy for driving anyway so maybe it's just as well.So... lots of projects at the lake on hold for awhile. Notice Grammie C's old walker? Also much better than crutches! We've got a bedside potty too... but no need for that at this time ;-)
1 comment:
Ouch! I get in trouble for doing stuff on the roof and on ladders when Lisa's not around. Now I know why. I hope it heals up soon. Right foot is going to make it hard to drive. Can you trust mom to get what you need at Home Depot?
Post a Comment