Thought this might be an easier way to reply to recent e-mails and blog entries all in one swoop.
Joel-glad it was just a bad sprain and not more serious. Your drive to be working all the time is astounding. Take it easy on yourself. And even easier on your nurse.
The kids are busy which means we’re busy. David was great in High School Musical. Mc and her friends thoroughly enjoyed it. We just had a parent comment to us Sunday night about how entertaining and talented he is. She had taken a group of girls (all Mc's friends) to see it before we got back in town to go. Schedules are tight at home. I've been using up some of my saved time to travel with Joe to his work events. Joe is getting home later and later it seems, there is so much for him to do at work. The new State Park website is incredible and it should be launching soon, he's worked really hard on it.
Last night was typical. I picked the Mac up from piano practice (my mom takes her to her lesson now that she isn't in aftercare there) at 5:30, race home because I realize that I SHOULD have put her ball uniform in the car so we could go straight to the field. Change. Say "bye" to Joe and hit the door again. To Wendy's to grab a bite, 30 min to the ball field in time to warm up, previous game running long and a storm is moving in. We take the field 20 minutes late and play 1 1/2 innings before a parent on the other team freaks out and they call the game off due to weather. I was angry. $10 on food and $2 entry not to mention the $3/gallon gas only to turn right back around and drive the 30 min home to find out Mc had "just a little" homework left. Ugh. The lightening was GONE by the time we packed the car, they should have waited it out, it never rained. Feeling your pain Julia. Sport overload. I'm Kvetching while trying to remember the good that comes with it.
Normally we have 2 softball games at night during the week and 3 weekends each month have been scheduled for tournaments. Only one of them has been Fri-Sun, usually it means all day Saturday and occasionally a single Friday night game. This past Saturday we were at the ball fields for 12 hours, 7 games and they finally lost it in the championship game to go down in 2nd place. Actually, that’s the highest finish they’ve had since the first tourni of the season. The weekend before was pretty much the same story, 13 hours at the park, except they didn't even make it to the championship game. The team isn't doing as well as they have in the past and it looks like the coach has figured this out and he is cutting back on the tournament schedule, happy news for us but it is always nice to be on "the" team. By this age, most teams that play tournaments have tryouts, and pick players carefully. Ours seems to keep trying to make the best players out of the same girls that have been on the team for the last 5 years. We have one player this year who started in fall ball and the rest have been 3 years or more. I doubt this is a long term sport interest for Mc so I'm not too bummed. It's more about learning to play as part of a team, something I never learned and still don't enjoy. I'm saving to buy us a set of kayaks for when she loses interest and we can spend our summers camping, hiking and on the water!
Jr. Prom this weekend-don't know if we'll have or be allowed to post pictures. The pictures from Mc's play did not turn out well. I was in charge of the camera and should have used the flash like everyone else instead of trying to do it "right". Have full video and will try to remember to make copies to send. The kids might enjoy watching it. Piano recital May 20, she has a couple of really nice pieces to play-will have video. Then we have a couple of BIG weeks planned with Riverfest happening in LR Memorial Day weekend and then a short vacation to Texas for my last birthday before I'm able to race Masters in races with Joe. Yee haw. So when are you coming up for camping/kayaking Julia?? There's this great place on the White River that is cool enough to camp even in August.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment