
Volleyball Camp has come and gone, Paige is back in NOLA and we're feeling kinda empty around here. I think she had a great time and certainly picked up a few pointers that should help her make the Jr. High team when school starts. One of the training aides they used was a hacky sack footbag which has just got to be a lot of fun. You Tube has a bunch of videos, here's one. Of course at camp they were doing hand tricks to improve reflexes... but we couldn't help wonder what David can do with one... I think I remember Joe giving it a go some years back. Here's a page of simple tricks and rules for playing in groups.
Speaking of David, quite an impressive facial growth he's sporting! I know he's got to go through this phase, but can't help hoping it's a quick trip. I will say... if anyone can carry off the 'look,' D can!
Paige was looking through some old photos taken at the lake house the first time around... said I looked just like Julia... but I set her straight, Julia looks just like me... I came first! Then she wondered who the man was with the mustache... who? Oh, that would be Joe. Her dad was about the same age she is when we lived there... weird to think about.
Looking forward to all who can be here in August. Jon and Becky will take kids to the beach first then head up here Thurs the 2nd through Sunday when they head home with an empty car. Lauren and friend show on Tues the 7th, possibly bringing extra family members. I'll take the NOLA kids back either Sat or Sunday, then hang around until Tuesday or Wed, depending on the needs of a good friend (Patti Pilie) with cancer. She may need a driver to Greenwood, MS, for treatment and I've let her know I'm available. Sure is hard to watch someone battle as hard as she is doing... MD Anderson (big cancer hospital in Houston) gave up on her and now she's making something of a comeback with alternative treatments. She certainly sets a high mark for courage and determination.
But before everyone gets here in Aug, Uncle Jack will fly in for a few days on July 19. Then after everyone leaves in August, Uncle Ron from California, and his two older kids, Ron and Kristine, will fly in, then drive down to North Florida to visit with his new found family on his mother's side. She died when he was three and he's just now (thanks to the Internet) getting to know them. He's anxious to pick up his family story line... seems they're only a few generations removed from Norway... who knew?
No need to put all that on your calendar... just thought I'd let you know what's going on around here. No time for rocking chairs! In fact, Joel and I spent the best part of one day at the lake clearing out tree limbs that had fallen in the water... one of them being the limb that chased him off the ladder. A big bugger! But we take projects in small pieces... baby steps... and they seem to eventually get done. He's still limping a bit, still somewhat swollen, probably got facitis in his heel but the work boots he bought give good support and he may be seeing the beginning of the end of this ordeal.
======================
Wondering... we could have a better alert for blog entrys with an RSS feed, which would mean that it wouldn't be private anymore. What are your thoughts on that? We could limit who could post, but not who could read. Your thoughts?
Speaking of David, quite an impressive facial growth he's sporting! I know he's got to go through this phase, but can't help hoping it's a quick trip. I will say... if anyone can carry off the 'look,' D can!
Paige was looking through some old photos taken at the lake house the first time around... said I looked just like Julia... but I set her straight, Julia looks just like me... I came first! Then she wondered who the man was with the mustache... who? Oh, that would be Joe. Her dad was about the same age she is when we lived there... weird to think about.
Looking forward to all who can be here in August. Jon and Becky will take kids to the beach first then head up here Thurs the 2nd through Sunday when they head home with an empty car. Lauren and friend show on Tues the 7th, possibly bringing extra family members. I'll take the NOLA kids back either Sat or Sunday, then hang around until Tuesday or Wed, depending on the needs of a good friend (Patti Pilie) with cancer. She may need a driver to Greenwood, MS, for treatment and I've let her know I'm available. Sure is hard to watch someone battle as hard as she is doing... MD Anderson (big cancer hospital in Houston) gave up on her and now she's making something of a comeback with alternative treatments. She certainly sets a high mark for courage and determination.
But before everyone gets here in Aug, Uncle Jack will fly in for a few days on July 19. Then after everyone leaves in August, Uncle Ron from California, and his two older kids, Ron and Kristine, will fly in, then drive down to North Florida to visit with his new found family on his mother's side. She died when he was three and he's just now (thanks to the Internet) getting to know them. He's anxious to pick up his family story line... seems they're only a few generations removed from Norway... who knew?
No need to put all that on your calendar... just thought I'd let you know what's going on around here. No time for rocking chairs! In fact, Joel and I spent the best part of one day at the lake clearing out tree limbs that had fallen in the water... one of them being the limb that chased him off the ladder. A big bugger! But we take projects in small pieces... baby steps... and they seem to eventually get done. He's still limping a bit, still somewhat swollen, probably got facitis in his heel but the work boots he bought give good support and he may be seeing the beginning of the end of this ordeal.
======================
Wondering... we could have a better alert for blog entrys with an RSS feed, which would mean that it wouldn't be private anymore. What are your thoughts on that? We could limit who could post, but not who could read. Your thoughts?
2 comments:
Regarding the RSS feed, I'd prefer to keep the blog in lockdown mode. Anyone can do a search for anything and end up on your blog without your knowledge, and we've got too much private info on here - homes, schools, names, etc.
pj rox!
Post a Comment