Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Another busy month in Little Rock

So it seems that February is even busier that the fall around here. We had both David's and McKenna's birthdays, plus I have been traveling a lot. For instance, I am posting this from a hotel room in Denver, CO. I would have done it earlier but I was in Northern Arkansas giving presentations in Mountain View and Mountain Home. Next week I have to give a tour to some Italians throughout the state and then I have to work at the Governor's Conference on Tourism. All these things take a lot of prep work plus I have some of the normal parts of my job to contend with. I will be glad when we get to the second week of March. Maybe things will slow down some.

Anyway, I wanted to share some of the other festivities around here. For David's birthday, Lisa made a very special cake. David loves sushi and is well known in many of the local sushi bars. So Lisa got very creative and made a cake that looked like sushi. As you can see, it's hard to tell the difference:

As you can see, David was quite happy with it:


He seemed to have a good time with the cake. Heather also enjoyed. It was kind of weird to eat what looked like raw fish and have it taste like cake.

Then, one to the McKenna party. She had 6 or 7 friends over for a party (slumber, a major misnomer). Here you can see her holding court as she opened her presents:


McKenna's grandmother brought over a cake which we thought was a little big for the number of girls we were expecting but it was gone by morning.

Here is the wind-up for the wish...


As a side note, McKenna often asks her mom to straighten her hair. This is the result.



That's about it from here.

1 comment:

Karen Jacobs said...

Entirely TOO COOL! That sushi takes the cake! Cute straight hair, but I vote for those beautiful curls ;-)