Hello All,
So I got some great news today when I had a meeting with my scenic design professor and mentor. I have been in a horrible state of limbo since I got into the Honors College. I knew that I wanted to design a show for my thesis but it has taken a while to announce the summer's and next year's seasons. But during the meeting my professor offered me the position of scene designer and artist for our big summer show, Bleacher Bums. It is a show about these fans at Wrigley Field just watching an entire Cubs game and the hilarity that ensues. This is an opportunity that I have been waiting to happen for a couple of years now. Finally I will have a project that I can truly call my own. I will be the only undergrad designer on the show working alongside grad students and professors. This will make a ginormous and wonderful addition to my portfolio for getting into grad school for scenic design. I just feel like I am finally getting to do what I have always wanted!! I haven't been able to stop smiling all day and I am sure that tomorrow my cheeks are going to be sore. I hope all is well with you! Have a great day!!!!
Love you all,
Lauren
Tuesday, March 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment