Friday, August 18, 2006

Here Goes Nothing....

Well with my first week here in Fayetteville coming to a close I am definitely ready for classes to start. ROCK Camp was great this week. Although I was sick one day I didn't miss out on the next day's float trip in Oklahoma. I now have a hand full of friends here thanks to the camp, another camp I worked at called Anytown, and a few people from high school. This year is really looking up and I am ready for all of the challenges coming my way this semester.

I picked up my textbooks today and thanks to the fact that I am not majoring in anything in math or science my books were slightly cheaper. I still need to wash the cover on my "intro to cultural anthropology" book thanks to the fact I bought it used and apparentl y it was VERY used.

Also one of the people I met at ROCK Camp was a girl that went on an exchange to France 2 years ago with rotary. We have had a blast exchanging stories and speaking a little french to each other. she is double majoring in biological engineering and french so we will probably have our french classes together.

My roommate finally moved in yesterday because she didn't do the camp. She is nice and we are getting along in our room and everything but it is slightly obvious that she isn't used to being away from her family because instead of asking me questions about campus that I can answer she purposefully calls up her mother and also during breakfast this morning she called her to tell her about the breakfast burritos we were having. I think that kind of calling will die down. At least I hope so when it is the two of us sitting at a table eating and she is on her phone almost the whole time. Oh well. You win some you lose some.

Today I won't be doing much. I might go down to the HPER Building (the fitness and sports facility) and work out a bit but I do get my daily dose of exercise walking up the long steep hill from my dorm up to the rest of campus. Oh well, I am sure to get back into shape in no time thanks to the hill and the HPER. Later tonight I am going to go watch The DaVinci Code in the Union building (for free) since I haven't seen it in english yet and that can make a difference. There is a luau in my dorm building tomorrow night and sunday is the convocation for all freshmen that I am required to go to. But other than that I am pretty much going to be chilling hanging out with friends and reading textbooks most of the weekend in preparation of classes starting monday. I can't wait!!!

I hope you all are doing fine. I will post again soon.
Much love,
Bug

2 comments:

Karen Jacobs said...

Great post, Lauren! I've been thinking about you all week wondering how things were going. I guess if your roomie had spent a year in Europe, she would be adjusting a little quicker to being away from home. She'll come around. Thanks for bringing us up to date... love ya!

Lauren Ayn said...

I think things will be fine with Sharnelle (my roommate). We are having a good time talking in our room about random things. I actually got lucky and I am catching a ride with a friend back down to Little Rock this weekend so that I can see one of David's tennis matches in the tournament and surprise my future boyfriend. I will explain that later. Anyway, love you bunches!!