Thursday, November 09, 2006

Fasten Your Seat Belt...

(click image to enlarge)

Grammie's on the road again. I leave Friday morn for the historic Miss River town of Port Gibson, MS (Grant was purported to exclaim that it was "Too Beautiful To Burn".) Lots of history there, as well as a good friend and artist who will be hosting a Paint Day for Colony artists. Should be fun though weather predicts rain on Sat... we'll have a good time anyway, lots of old friends I haven't seen in a while as I've not been attending Colony much lately.

Then Sunday morn I'll drive to another lovely town on the Miss River to get a quick visit with Jon and family, then head home on Monday. Plans fell through for Paige and Morgan to be in B'ham for T-giving week so I'll take advantage to get some hugs this way.

With the holidays all around us, we'll be hoping at least some of you will be able to make it at some point, we'll take what we can get, but understand if you'd rather wait for the lake house to be ready to host a spring or summer visit. We hope to have floors, beds and other furnishings in place by spring. The picture above was taken from our neighbor's lot on the point across from ours. The colors are even better than the picture shows... we've had really great color all around the area and we'd thought the summer drought would lessen it... but not!

Okay... gotta go get my stuff together... KJ

No comments: