Hey everyone!
Just thought I would let you know that I have just completed classes for my third day of college. Everything is going smoothly up here. I had to only change out of my french to a higher level. This new class is French Conversation and it will be hard and easy at the same time. My pronunciation and speed in speaking is better than a lot of the rest of the class but sometimes I don't understand the phrasing because I speak belgian french. So learning proper french is going to be a little weird. The professor suggested that I could move into a graduate level class but I really think there are a few basic concepts I really need to get down first. Maybe next semester I will take the graduate level. We will see.
I am also taking English Comp I where I had to write my first essay in over a year and a half. I don't think it was so shabby. I also had Cultural Anthropology today which is the study of humans through culture and behavior. The class is really interesting so far. Tomorrow I have Intro to Dramatic Art which is basically the same exact class I took freshman year of high school but this time the entire class is also enthusiastic about theater, not just me, which will make it more fun. In the afternoon I have Communications which I hope won't be too boring. I didn't like it is high school and so I don't have too much of an optimistic look on it now but it is required for my degree. And lastly on tuesdays I also have my First Year Experience (FYE) class which is basically a class with a group of freshman who also have communications and anthropology with me but we basically sit around for an hour chatting about various topics of college life and get an extra hour of credit without doing any real work.
That pretty much sums up my life at the moment. I worked out at the HPER Building last night and I plan on going to an exercise class tomorrow night. I also have to walk up a steep hill everyday to get to the rest of campus because of where my dorm is. I lost 3 pounds last week and I am well on my way on losing the rest of this belgian weight. ;) At least I refuse to gain the freshmen 15.
I have to go now. I have to get some work done before going to a "Meet and Greet" for all the drama majors and minors at 5pm. I hope that you all are doing well. I promise not to let anyone down and I will keep the grades up.
Love you all,
Lauren Ayn
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment