Saturday, January 27, 2007

Catching Up...

Morning Light Across The Point

Good to read Lauren's update... so proud of those great grades! Sounds like life is full and you are enjoying. Looking forward to Spring Break and your visit.

I'm wondering why on earth I thought it necessary to schedule TWO major art shows so close together! Feb 23rd in B'ham and May 4 in Memphis. This is not fun... not when there are other things I'd rather be doing. Will definitely slow down in the future... smell more roses and stuff.

The lake house progresses and with a proper bed we are now able to comfortably spend nights there when we go. I conveniently managed to sprain my back within the first five minutes of our last venture so was of little help in getting my share of the chores done. Discovered that the old blue wallpaper in the family room downstairs pulled off easily so I did manage that much. Kind of hate starting on the lower level until the upstairs is pulled together. Still lots of sawdust but recent decisions to table some of the more ambitious plans will help trim the to-do list. Thanks to your (grand) father's great physical shape, he is able to accomplish much more than your average DIY handyman. The big plus is that he seems to enjoy it. Me... I'm the visionary and mostly good for deciding what to do next. I don't have nearly the staying power he does... which I really need to work on!

Last week I went with an artist friend to visit other artist friends in Auburn... and the house we stayed in was very unique. Very contemporary but built with economy of materials used in impressive ways. I came back with lots of ideas for the lake house but will have to take Joel down to show him what I'm talking about. Particle board flooring and rebar hand rails for instance... neat stuff! And cheap! Unfortunately my camera batteries quit on me and I was stranded.

It's a big birthday month coming up!
David turns SEVENTEEN on the 16th,
Morgan turns TEN on the 20th,
McKenna turns ELEVEN on the 23rd
And I just turn grayer on the 1st.

By the way... I've put up a blog page of the lake house changes over the years. I'll continue to update as time allows (this is what I do rather than exercise... but they say it's good for the mind.) I'll put a link on the sidebar but until then... it's HERE.

No comments: